Sunday, March 25, 2012

Farewell my friend



The long claws of disease
Have claimed you at last
But now you are at peace
Although getting there wasn’t fast.

Farewell my dear friend
This is not the end
Your smile and cheer will live on
Long after all of us are gone

I wish I knew you better
Wish I spent more time
Wish I could hold your hand
Wish I could talk one last time

Want to ask you for your strength
Want to ask you for your resolve
Want to ask what pushed you on
Standing up even after hope was gone

Farewell my friend
This is not the end
Your strength stays on to inspire
Your last stand for us to aspire

I have always believed in God
Believed in him to hate him
Today I am confused at the lord
My hatred slightly dim

For creating a person like you
Putting all obstacles in front
And giving you the strength too
All the pain not creating a dent

I hate him too for taking you away
Without letting you have your say
Plucked away at a age not fair
The fabric of life botched and with a tear

I hope you are at peace my friend
I hope it didn’t pain in the end
I hope you are happy now
Not like us, the people you love

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wrote this as i received the news..i was far away with people who didnt know anything about the person about whom i wrote...i wanted to get all my grief out for i didnt want to remain sad owing to the circumstances that i was in....i put on a smiling face, was able to put on a face and move about my packed day..now that i sit back and read the lines again, i have nothing left to say but cry. whether i am crying out of sadness or relief that the pain is gone i am not sure.Madhu, you will always be in my heart. Wish i could have done something more, wish i could have spent more time, wish i could do something now. If only wishes come true...This is the third time i am losing someone i know to this and just as always i am at a loss for words or action. But this hurts more than the previous times..all i can remember is your smile and your childlike voice..RIP, my friend..if anybody deserves peace and rest its you..i wish i could be like you when times are dark..wish i can be strong like you were..wish i can stop crying when there is despair..kudos to you friend..in life you inspired me, now in death you make me more so...i had nowhere else to vent..this is perhaps where i can talk whatever i want..forgive me, not for not being there when you needed me, or anyone for that matter...but not being able to do anything now, earlier and ever...it was your battle and you fought as well as could be fought..missing you da..for what little time i spent with you, the pain is so much...dont want to exchange that with people who knew you more..i cant take that much devastation..

Lizzy said...

may your friend's soul RIP... beautiful poem and from a beautiful heart..god bless!

Viji said...

Madhu, this day last year I wished you happy birthday and today finally I deleted your no from my phone and I'm crying for losing a friend forever... Yet, you are etched in my mind...the sing song voice. " sollunga viji.... Thanks Viji..... Ani eppadi irukkaan?" Missing you man..... You are a clever boy, vayasa kaeta eppovumae 30 dhaan la.... Poda po...... Emaathitu poitiyae?