Monday, September 29, 2008

Aaahhh …Office work …I command thee…be done !!!



The week has just begun and already I am looking forward to the weekend…. Not because I have some thing special planned. If I was god the first thing I would do would be to abolish Mondays. Something about the day is just so dragging that there is no . ..absolutely no motivation to get up and go to office. \


And when one does get up and reaches office in this mood, you can very well imagine the level of productivity and the quality of the work that is done. I am not saying that all employees are like this on Monday. (there is always an exception to every rule). But basically there is something ominously wrong with this day

Think back and look at it. You would receive the worst news on a Monday (or in case god is in a real vindictive mood, you would get it as the last news on a Friday). In both cases ruining either the rest of the week or the weekend for you. The maximum number of calls (a sizeable number being wrong calls or cold sales pitches) will be on a Monday. The day your car gets punctured will be a Monday. The dreaded performance review meeting would be on a Monday. Your girlfriend telling you it is not going to work out….guess what …again on a Monday.

Luckily I have a way to get over the Monday morning blues (an apt phrase…god bless the one who coined it). I get myself into something called the Sunday night blues. I start my official work late into Sunday afternoon or do something or the other that makes me feel as though the week has started a day before…PRE-EMPTIVE strike as I call it. This way, what happens is that you get pissed off or require anger management therapy (one of my previous colleagues said that I needed this very badly) a day before you are actually “required” to be that way.

Right now, my present job hasn’t thrown me so many Monday curveballs …but I am still fresh at this and there is a long way to go before the old axiom sets into place. As the old saying goes,” there is always light at the end of a dark tunnel…but what the fools don’t realize is that its speeding train”.



Just one note to sign off…rather two…

“If everything seems to be going right….then it means you have overlooked something “

And

”Smile ….tomorrow will be worse “

4 comments:

Viji said...

ha ha ha...captured the monday morning blues beautifully..."god bless the one who coined it" Uh???
I grossly blame monday,for giving me premature wrinkles and the auto frown readily available for the day long frowning sessions :( Does god have monday too? is he trying to take it on us??

Unknown said...

according to the bible God worked for six days and rested on the seventh...whether after that he worked is a different question..chill.the saying goes "there is always a tomorrow". it can be changed to say there is always a monday

Kalpana Babu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kalpana Babu said...

Mondays are headache for me, Really so many scolding and dragging on these days.. today my worst monday which i ever forget, morning got up around 6am, mom scolded for not getting up even more early, and it was late to office around 9am, started to office in a hurry, railway station was heavily crowded, got in to one of the train, was standing out in foot step, all the way from Chrompet till Fort, very bad experince which i never had, Four of the mid aged lady scolded me badly.. then came to office, on theway i have to cross a signal, here again a man on the bike scolded me... still more things to be but im stoping it for now...Monday!!!