Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Still missing you

The memories don't fade
I put up a strong facade
The pain of you not being there
Missing your wisdom and care

Life goes on , sure
This heartache too without a cure
Life flows on without any end
Standing alone without you to defend
Good has happened in tiny spurts
Bad things often in bursts
Wish you were here next to me
Me fighting my battles for you to see

My body has died twice already
Yet like a Phoenix I have risen
But my heart died only once
When you were no more to listen

Won't lament that you are not there
The times that we had was indeed very rare
Only wish I had more time with you
It will be a short while till I see you

Love you dad, forever and ever
Your son stands tall not running for cover
Wish you were there by my side
To take on this world in our stride

Wish I could see you one last time
Plotting again like partners in crime
Want to get all our plans done
To hear you say out loud “ that's my son “

0 comments: